quarta-feira, 23 de março de 2011

The burden of love

This post was made in 2009 at another blog that I had. I was just rerading it now and it is speaking more then ever in my heart!



It is very funny how some desires comes strongly in my heart and I think that this or that will fill what, in my mind, is missing. For example: family, friends, companion.
What I don`t realize is that all this things will not be complete by a marriage, communion with brothers and sisters or facebook. What I really need I can only find in only one place: Jesus. “You are a fountain in the gardens, a well of living waters, Which stream from Lebanon.” Song of Solomon 4:15.
Jesus don`t want me to run before nothing, including His work.
I find everything in Him: love, admiration, kindness, companion and care.EVERYTHING. And the only thing I need to do is simply to answer to His presence and participation in my life and not carrying a pain or a burden.
He didn`t call me for pain, He called me for love.
Don`t hurt to a river to run to the ocean, although it will cost to the river a lost of its essence (sweet water). In the same way to love and serve Jesus doesn't hurt, even though I'll need deny myself and carry my cross.
Jesus ask me to read Joshua 23:9-11: “For the LORD hath driven out from before you great nations and strong: but as for you, no man hath been able to stand before you to this day. One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you. Take good heed therefore to yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God”. And He said to me “Carol, everything I promised you happened, are happening and will happen. You will pass through wars but I promised that I`ll fight for you, I don`t want you to fight, just to love Me.” So I realize that fighting for the Lord is empty because the only thing He asks me is to love Him. I am aware that for myself I can do nothing.
The only thing I have, and it`s what I want to give Him is my heart with all my affections.
"Jesus, Daddy and Holy Spirit, teach me how to Love You. Take me to that place in You where the only thing I can do is to be fascinate for You. Please help me to do only what You ask me, nothing more and nothing less.
With love,
Your Carol"

Nenhum comentário: